Chapter 5
That night, the Seven Star Spirits were gathered once more in their little sanctuary. At the entrance, they had amongst them a newcomer. It was a glowing mass of sparkling, golden dust suspended in midair, about the size of a golf-ball. It waited patiently as the ceremony carried forward. Every time one of them spoke, a trail of glitter would materialize out of nowhere to start swirling around where the makeshift crystal ball was earilier. Nay-Charr went first. "By the powers of the plants and the fungi," she said. Her glitter was glowing a bright green.

"By the powers of the ice and the snow," said Blizzarr. His glitter soon came into existance. It was a bright blue and it started following the almost snake-like green one of the higher Star Spirit. The two entities almost seemed to form a yin-yang of sorts. The ceremony continued on further with Earhar.

"By the powers of the air, the clouds, and all things with wings," she said. Her glitter soon joined the other two. It was of a purple hue.

"By the powers of the fire and the lava," spoke Pyrar. His glitter was orange, but rimmed with red to provide an even more infernal feel. It, too, joined the rest of the swirling glitter.

"By the powers of the ocean and all of its living creatures," said Seastar. Her glitter was more of an aquamarine color.

Mummar was the next to go. "By the power of time and space," he said. His glitter was silver.

Finally, Eldstar went. "By the power of energy and all things neutral," he said. His glitter was grey. It made the altar of their sanctuary look like a ring of rainbows. Then they all chimed in simultaneously, like a chorus.

"By the powers of creation, devastation, and tranformation, let there be the Seven Magic Wands!!" As it was spoken, so it was. The ring of rainbows started to whirl even faster and glow even brighter until it almost whited out the room completely. The only shades of black that could have been seen were the star-shaped shadows cast by each of the Seven Star Spirits. Once it started dimming, they could see that their incantation was a success. There, on the altar, were revolving, not an arrangement of colored lights, but a set of seven wands. Each of them were composed of gold bodies and jewels embedded on top of them so they vaguely resembled royal scepters. The jewels were all composed of the same colors they were each made of previously when they were but bodies of glowing glitter. They were magically rotating in a clock-wise movement above the altar, like before, but at a slower pace. Nay-Charr took it from there.

"You will receive these as soon as you have made it to the peak of the Shooting Star Summit of Toad Town. By then, you will have borrowed a form, correct?" She was speaking to the sparkling entity over by the entrance. It gave off a rhythm of glowing patterns, like Morse Code, in response. "Good. May the powers of the stars guide you on your way." The thing winked a few times more before descending into the floor like a ghost. Soon, it was no longer in the sanctums of Star Haven, but rather the fluffy clouds of Plit. Just below the clouds, something big and round, like a giant Frisbee, was whirling its way across the sky over the ocean. Inside, all kinds of creatures were stirring.

The main room was composed in a circular arrangement, of course. The forms were all sitting at the various consoles that were laid before them that fringed the edges of the room. Some of them looked like humans, but with skin as shiny and metallic as steel, hair as white and fluent as it would have been on a fine horse, and frightful blood-red eyes. Some of them also looked like humans, but with purple skin, and fangs and big, pointed ears like a vampire. Others were what looked like humanoid frogs. One particular one waddled his way into the room via one of those futuristic doors that slide in from both sides. He was a rather rotund one donned in only a golden robe to represent his rank. He made his way up the upraised platform that made the center of the room. There, in the middle of it all, was his liege, one of the purple space aliens, but bigger and more muscular than the others and more authoritative to the eye since he had more badges on his black uniform than the others.

"What news do you bring me, Wart?" said the captain in that unnaturally deep voice of his. His right-hand man had an even deeper one, though. It was like a frog's ribbit cranked down a few notches so it was more of a growl, or a belch.

"THE PRISONERS ARE GOING DOWN THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE. SOON, THEY'LL SUCCUMB AND BE YOUR SLAVES. THE ONE NAMED RAPHAEL IS COMING ALONG PARTICULARLY WELL. THE SENSORS ARE SHOWING HE IS CURRENTLY HAVING A NIGHTMARE ABOUT WHAT LOOKS LIKE HIS DARKER SELF," said the giant frog named Wart.

"Just as I thought," said the captain. "He should make quite the 'enlistment' to my army. Anything else?"

"YES, SIR. THE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TAKING NOTICE OF OUR ENTERPRISE. THEY FEAR THE CIRCLES THAT HAVE BEEN FORMED IN FLOWER FIELDS."

"Huh huh huh. All according to plan, I see. How I just love it when things go my way."

"YES, SIR."

"Captain," said one of the metallic-human ones. "We're about to fly over what looks like the underwater civilization of Marinotropolis. Shall I engage the disorientators?"

"Yes, Cutlass," answered the captain.

"Disorientators... Engaged," said the man named Cutlass after switching on one of the buttons. From outside the ship, one could have noticed how it was then blinking in an eerie manner with high-pitched "beeps" to go with. Beneath the waves, one could have noticed just what kind of mayhem this was causing. Deep down there, there was indeed a mighty underwater civilization. The place was composed of various towering, spiraling structures and bubbles. Each of them appearing to be made out of glass and almost baring resemblances to the sorts of oddities they would sell at glass shops, or New Age stores. It was truly a sight to behold. But as soon as the aliens turned on those "disorientator" things, it was becoming even more of a sight to behold. First it was normal, then the lights started to flicker. Then they went totally haywire.

Inside one security gaurd's room, a merman was lying there with his feet up, snoozing away. But then the dim light that was then illuminating his room started flickering before it started giving off an array of disco-colored lights. He was soon disrupted from his slumber. "Zck- Ugh, what the-" he exclaimed. His monitors no longer showed various rooms of the museum, but just about everything else that was under the sun and then some. One showed the image of Homer Simpson suddenly waking up and making monkey noises, another showed a clip of the Inspector Gadget movie, one of them showed the Super Mario Bros. movie, one of them showed Sonic poking the eyes out of his arch-nemesis, Dr. Robotnik, another showed Mike switching on over to Nosey T. again, and so on.

"Ooh ooh OOH!! I'll get you next time- -About mud? It's clean and it's dirty- -Gotta speed, keed!! It's Alex, not Alice," he could hear his sets saying. It was chaotic.

Elsewhere, the merman in uniform was having troubles of his own. "Johnson!!" his superior was saying to him. "What in DAD's name are you watching there, son?!"

"Well, uh, I dunno, Sarge!! It was beeping as usual, but then it just started- I DUNNO!!"

The one named Johnson was being scolded at over the fact that his radar was no longer showing a rotating green line, but what looked like a pair of-

"-JUGS!!" said another merman to the one nearby also peering his way through a telescope. "It's saying 'EAT AT JUGS'!!"

"What's going on?!" said his companion. "Mine says, 'This is a rip-off of "Austin-"'"

"-POWERS!! My powers are gone!! What in Sam hill- It's like a collidascope- Gnarly, man- TOTAL CHAOS!!" various citizens of the city were saying. Up above, beyond the waves and under the clouds, the aliens were rejoicing.

"Huh huh huh. This just keeps getting better and better," the captain was saying. Over their heads, they weren't aware of the Star Warrior that was also having problems. It was having trouble concentrating and moving in a straight line. So it started spiraling out of control.

"No-one messes with the wrath of T-" the captain was saying. But then suddenly there was a BANG, which rocked the whole ship. The red light was going on and off, on and off as the alarm noises were going with it. "WHAT'S GOING ON?! WHAT WAS THAT?!" the captain, then in a rage, shouted.

"Sir, we've been hit by something!!" said one of his crewmembers, one of the purple ones. "It must have been... A missile or something!!"

"A missile?! That's impossible!! Where's the damage??"

"The bottom of the ship, the Vector 9 area, has been hit, Sir!" said another one, one of the silver ones.

"The bottom?!? Now I know that's impossible!! Quickly! Send the repairmen down there and find out who hit us!! We'll have to strike back," ordered their big, purple leader.

"Yes, Sir," said the crewmember. Wart and his captain were still looking around from shock. Then...

....BANG!! They were hit again. "NOOOOO!!! This can't be happening to us!!" bellowed the space alien again.

"The main engine!! It's been totally demolished!!" said another silver alien.

"AARRGGHH!! We've failed!! Quick!! Steer the ship so it strikes land!!" he barked again.

"Sir! What about the backup engines??" said another silver.

"Rrg. Switch over to-"

"-The backup engines have been demolished too, Sir!"

"RRG!! We're going down!!" As he said it, so it was. Down, the ship went. It illuminated the sky like a flaming meteorite, sliding down from the sky, leaving a blazing trail of destruction as it headed for its target. The U.F.O. was headed for some volcanic island off in the distance while the Star Warrior was spiraling its way towards the other island off in the distance...



Back to Xoshi's Story index
Back to fan fiction index
Back to index