Chapter Four

Disclaimer: I do not own the idea of Yoshis, Bowser, Boos etc.

 

Kristen looked back in time to gasp at the figure of the lizard-like creature. She stopped breathing out of her nose from the sheer scent of it. The doors suddenly closed on them plunging them into darkness. Kristen tapped the end of her wand and it lit up. Yume muttered something incomprehensible under her breath.

 

‘Well I did my job after all. The dragon can kill them himself. He should’ve known I can’t kill fellow Yoshis...’ thought Yume. She was reluctant to lead them any further. She had grown attached to them in a way.

 

Kristen looked around, she noticed several paintings on the otherwise bare walls of what appeared to be a hall way. The pictures were of Koopas and Bowser. ‘Where are we? This can’t be Bowser’s castle can it? I hope not...’ thought Kristen. She shivered at the thought of Bowser.

 

It was then Cory felt a tap on his shoulder. He whirled around to see nothing. Suddenly, Hoshi began yelling out something incomprehensible. He whirled around again to see a red ghost-like creature, a Boo, holding Hoshi upside down.

 

“Heya.” said Yume. She then covered her mouth. She didn’t want the others knowing she knew the Boos here. The Boo dropped Hoshi to the ground at the sight of Yume.

 

“Why if it isn’t Yume. Welcome back!” said the Boo. The Boo then turned to Hoshi. “We red Boos are very whimsical. We act on impulse.” said the Boo. Cory’s eye twitched. The Boo lolled his large red tongue out.

 

“You mean you two know each other?” asked Cory, startled. Yume slapped her hand to her eyes. Spencer the Boo had given her away. Cory looked at her reaction.

 

‘She doesn’t want us to know...’ thought Cory. Cory shrugged. Was the Boo on their side or not?

 

“The Boss isn’t too pleased with your decision. But I shall stand by you no matter what.” whispered the Boo, Spencer, to Yume. Yume nearly gasped but held it back. Cory and Kristen gave them questioning looks while Hoshi stood up on her feet and dusted herself off. The hardwood floor of the hall was very dusty. Hoshi grumbled something. She looked up and shrugged. She looked down the hall way to distantly some white Boos.

 

“Yes we know each other.” stated Yume. Cory looked at the red Boo questioningly while wondering what had been said. Kristen, meanwhile, was at Hoshi’s side. Kristen patted off dust from Hoshi and returned to Cory’s side.

 

“Well let me show... you... around.” said Yume slowly and reluctantly. She didn’t want to do this with most of her heart. She let her fighting persona take over. She drew her sword and pointed it at Cory. Cory narrowed his eyes.

 

‘What is she trying to pull?’ thought Cory. Yume then pointed to a red door down at the end of the long hall way with her sword.

 

“Walk down there now.” said Yume, all emotion gone from her voice. Kristen and Hoshi began walking down that way with Cory right behind. Yume followed them. Spencer the Boo was last. He let out a cackle and floated happily behind them.

 

Cory knew he could probably hold his own against the silver Yoshi with gold spines with strength but water extinguishes fire. His magic would be nearly useless and the Yoshi had that advantage over him and a sword. All Cory had was a flashlight.

 

Cory grunted and continued on. Yume walked in front of them and opened the red door. Inside was an absolutely huge room.

 

“Yume... Why have you brought them to me? You have heard the prophecy.” said a hoarse male voice. Yume shivered.

 

“You are all powerful. I thought you could take care of three Yoshis.” said Yume.

 

“You mean four.” said the harsh voice.

 

“Or five works.” said a male voice behind them. In the door frame stood a red Yoshi. Kristen turned around. She recognized that voice. It was Kristen’s father.

 

“Father?!” exclaimed Kristen. Her father held a short sword at ready. He nodded and stepped towards the group of Yoshis. Kristen’s father glared into the darkness.

 

“Bowser, show yourself. Along with your creature of darkness.” said her father into the darkness. What looked like a giant spiked turtle with a spiked shell with a draconic like face stepped out of the shadows. Bowser. Kristen stepped back a bit. Yume meanwhile, was shocked that her master was out to get them. She decided she could no longer hold her peace.

 

“Bowser! The story Dragon has told you is not true! If you refuse to take part in this your downfall will not happen.” declared Yume. The Death Dragon had told Bowser a warped version of the prophecy to get Bowser on his side. Suddenly, a western type dragon of pure black stepped out from the shadows of the southern part of the room. It was the size of five Yoshis. It had great batwings and dark, soulless eyes.

 

Bowser stared at Yume, his mouth agape. Bowser silently wondered what to do with the dragon once they were gone. Bowser would certainly call off his army for the search of the one pink Yoshi. Bowser didn’t like those who lied to him.

 

“For your treachery, I shall definitely kill you too.” said the dragon, Darkon.

 

“Quick! You must use light and darkness against him.” said Kristen’s father, Peter. Peter had been one to study certain myths and legends and had read about how the four Yoshis possessed the powers of darkness and light. Cory quickly remembered hearing about it too. He grabbed Hoshi’s hand. Kristen hesitantly grabbed Yume’s hand.

 

“What are you- Oh never mind. I get it now...” said Yume, having heard stories about the four Yoshis “great” power from Darkon. Yume focused hard. They needed something to protect them... Absolute darkness! The dragon was like a slowly moving target so it wouldn’t be hard to find him in the darkness.

 

“Focus on making it absolutely dark.” stated Yume. Kristen nodded, both now concentrating hard on making it dark. Suddenly, all was black.

 

“What’s this?” asked Darkon. Darkon looked around, not even his darkness adjusted eyes could pierce the darkness. Meanwhile, Cory and Hoshi scrambled away from their original position as a breath of death descended over the area they had just been in. The smell of rotting wood filled the room.

 

Light energy began to form around the hands of Hoshi and Cory. Yet, the light hardly penetrated the darkness and gave off only a soft glow. It was enough to be detected. Hoshi and Cory shot twin balls of Light energy into the dragon. The dragon winced but then laughed.

 

“You can never hope to defeat me like that!” said the dragon, Darkon. Then, a brilliant white light appeared in front of Cory and Hoshi as Darkon sent a blast of death energy their way. The light purified the blast into life energy. The light began to take form into the shape of a long oriental dragon.

 

The darkness suddenly lifted as the light assumed the form of a white oriental dragon. The dragon curled into the air. With its long tail, it drew a circle in the air before Cory and Hoshi. The outline of the circle glowed for a moment before the whole of the circle began to glow as well. Yume and Kristen ran over there followed by Peter. They were careful to avoid a gaping hole in the floor. Hoshi’s mouth hung open as she looked at the dragon of light in awe.

 

LiDra. The dragon of the Light. The dragon of legends. “Hurry. Into the portal!” exclaimed the Light dragon, LiDra. Peter hastily pushed Cory and Hoshi into the portal. He then gazed at Kristen.

 

“Well what are you waiting for?!” exclaimed Peter. Yume and Kristen suddenly snapped to attention. They both jumped into the portal followed by Peter and Spencer the Boo. The portal then closed up as Darkon lunged for it. LiDra smirked and then disappeared into thin air...

 



Back to Elemental Prophecy index
Back to fan fiction index
Back to index