Appendices

 

Appendix A: The Lands of Plit

 

Dinosaur Island – includes the world map of Super Mario World, not excluding Yoshi’s Island, which, individually, contains the map of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island.  Neither area has any government, and Yoshi’s Island is home to the largest population of Yoshies on Plit.  It has no standing army.  The Dark Mines (Bowser’s HQ in Super Mario World) lie under the central pool and are, to all knowledge, uninhabited.

 

Kooparian – includes all the lands of the Super Mario Bros. 3 map, each one representing a separate kingdom under the command of its respective Koopaling king or queen.  Despite each kingdom’s possession of an army, all the individual armies are united under the rule of King Bowser.  Dark Land is the capital of the country and is home to Bowser’s Royal Palace.

 

The Mushroom Kingdom – includes the world map for Super Mario RPG, sans Nimbus Land, Vista Hill, and Yo’ster Isle.  Towns and lands from Paper Mario are placed arbitrarily in the same general area that the Plumber’s Pad, Bandit’s Way, etc. are placed in the SMRPG world map, according the ordering of the over world in Paper Mario.  Lava Lava Island is found off the coast of this area, towards the equator.  The Mushroom Village is the town called The Mushroom Kingdom in SMRPG and serves as the capital for The Mushroom Kingdom in the novel.  The Mushroom Kingdom is an aristocratic republic, with the Princess as a figurehead of the old monarchy and the chairperson of the current Senate.

 

Nimbus Land – includes the cloud-bound kingdom as represented in SMRPG.  It sprouts off of Land’s End, which is part of the Mushroom Kingdom, and becomes Nimbus Land after the Vine Highway, which is neutral territory.  The form of government is an absolute monarchy, and enrollment in the Nimbian Royal Army is mandatory for all males under a certain age.

 

Proarctica – includes all the north pole ice cap of Plit and is, to all knowledge, completely uninhabited.  Almost nothing is known about this mysterious place.

 

Salinia – Salinia is basically the Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door game map, which includes Rogueport, Boggly Woods, Twilight Town, etc.  It is no longer a territory of The Mushroom Kingdom.

 

Sarasaland – includes the lands detailed in Super Mario Land.  Little is known about the four regions of Sarasaland, but they have recently, and apparently, been united under a new republic.  The whereabouts of the old monarchy, including Princess Daisy, are unknown.

 

Tropacine Isles – includes the Isles Soshi, Uliania, and Delfino.  The former is largely uninhabited due to a frequently active volcano, and the second is home to an agrarian society of Pianta.  Delfino serves as the capital of the Islands, and it contains all of the lands presented in Super Mario Sunshine.  Most of the Noki population resides in a chain of underwater cities peppered between the Tropacine Isles, the hidden capital of which is rumored to be known as Meridian.  There once existed a loosely connected army of Noki, Pianta, and Yoshies that were formed largely to protect sea trade from pirate groups.

 

Vista Hill – includes the remains of Bowser’s old Keep, deserted after the destruction of the Breaking Shrine in Songs of the Silent Age.  After the Mushroom Kingdom condemned it, it became a popular hideout for Bandits and other low-lives.

 

Yo’ster Isle – is a free province of The Mushroom Kingdom and is without need of any government.  Holding the second-largest population of Yoshies in the world, it is a favored vacation spot for thrill-seekers and lovers of the Yoshi race.



Back to Songs of Light and Darkness index
Back to fan fiction index
Back to index