Kaashi's Story, Chapter 9

Kiki fell asleep while waiting for wind. It's been a long time since she had any. She woke up, but still felt no wind. She started to lose hope that she'd get to Kaashi.

"Why?!" She screamed, "Why is there no wind? I've been waiting for who knows how long! I haven't moved an inch!" Just then she noticed her sail change directions. She was ecstatic that her boat was finally getting wind. As she sailed she looked at the sunset, knowing that she has little time to lose before it sets.

Kaashi woke up with a headache. All he remembered was going into the cave and it was all black from there. As soon as he got up, he heard a familiar voice.

"I told you not to go to school today, and yet you didn't listen. And that was only the first part of the penalty. The main course has been ordered. Stand up and face the wall."

Kaashi tried to run, but Miguel grabbed him by the throat and threw him on the ground.

"Don't try to run from me again, I'll hold it much longer next time."

Kaashi thought that he might as well listen, and then he'll go away. He went to the end of the shallow cave and stood facing the wall.

"Good, now don't look behind you at all."

Kaashi heard a sinister click behind him. He couldn't help but look behind him. He briefly saw Miguel holding a pistol, he gasped. It was the last thing he saw before it fired.

Kiki was very close to the mainland's shores when she heard a loud bang. She jerked her head to the source of the sound and saw a man walking quickly out and away from a cave. She had to investigate the cave. She docked near the pier and slowly entered. "Hello?" she said as she slowly continued into the cave. She tripped on something, but it didn't feel like a rock. She looked down and saw a blanket mound. She was curious, she had to see what was under it, and she saw Kaashi laying there.

"Oh, Kaashi. I'm sorry, I didn't see you there."

Kaashi didn't respond.

"Kaashi?" Kiki shook him, "Wake up, it's me, Kiki!"

Still no response.

Kiki got some water from the beach and splashed it on him. "Wake up Kaashi! Wake up!" She shouted as she splashed more water. Kiki embraced him, but felt something warm and wet on her chest. She touched her chest and looked at the source of the wetness. She looked at her finger and saw blood. She gasped and shrieked at the sight. She started shaking him violently. "WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!" She screamed with tears flowing. She gave up and laid her head on Kaashi, still crying.

Mark came to visit Kaashi. He had no idea of what happened. As he approached the cave, he heard crying, he thought it was Kaashi. "What's wrong Kaashi?" He said as he entered the cave. He saw Kiki sitting next to Kaashi staring at him and crying.

"Who are you?" Mark said.

"I'm Kiki, Kaashi's sister, I was going to tell him that we were related and take him home, but it's too late now, I've lost my only family."

"Sister? He said you were friends."

"That's what I thought, but then the chieftain told me about our mother, who came here as well, she went to school, but she never returned. I thought I was alone my whole life, I don't remember having much of a family."

"What happened to Kaashi?"

He's hurt badly, I don't know if he's dead or not. I...I..." She started sobbing, "I don't want him to die!!" she wailed with tears streaming.

"What?! Let me see!"

Kiki turned Kaashi over on his stomach and showed Mark a bleeding bullet wound near his left shoulder blade Mark gasped at the sight, he know Miguel was behind this. He started sobbing with Kiki as the night continued.



Back to Kaashi's Fanfics
Back to fan fiction index
Back to index